"Several" Assassin's Creed single-player and multiplayer games to come, Ubisoft promises, plus more Far Cry amid further "restructuring across the company"
641
Ashley Bardhan
2026-02-20
Contact me with news and offers from other Future brands
Receive email from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors
By submitting your information you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and are aged 16 or over.
Contact me with news and offers from other Future brands
Receive email from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors
By submitting your information you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and are aged 16 or over.
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Surrounded by the ruins of its studio closures and game cancellations, Ubisoft does not appear to be doing well. So it's time to start pumping out Assassin's Creed games.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot discusses Ubisoft's plan to become more reliable in a new interview with Variety – not long after union leaders have demanded he stop "screwing everything up." The way through it, Guillemot seems to have decided, is with more Assassin's Creed.
The executive says, "Under the 'Assassin's Creed' brand, several titles are in development, spanning both single-player and multiplayer experiences, with the ambition to further grow a community that exceeded 30 million players last year."
In the midst of Ubisoft's grand restructuring, the future of Assassin's Creed has never felt so uncertain
Ubisoft hits "major reset" button, cancels 6 games, delays 7 more, and confirms 4 new IP
Former Assassin's Creed director says AAA studios "mistakenly" throw people at development problems
Ubisoft is also hoping to dip deeper into its successful Far Cry and Rainbow Six franchises. Guillemot adds that, "On 'Far Cry,' anticipation is high, and we currently have two very promising projects in development." He'll be relying on Ubisoft's new, franchise-focused Vantage Studios, which has his son Charlie as co-CEO, to make the magic happen.
"With Vantage Studios established," Guillemot explains, "we have early evidence that our new operating model better empowers our teams to be fully focused on their franchises, which, over time, will translate into both greater predictability in our pipeline and stronger engagement from our players."
It might also be easier for Ubisoft developers to be fully focused on their franchises if the company wasn't also, in Guillemot's words, undergoing "€200 million in additional cost reductions" – including the creeping threat of "selective restructuring across the company." But more Assassin's Creed is good, too.
Ubisoft fires 13-year Assassin's Creed veteran just days after suspending him for speaking out against the company's return-to-office mandate: "This was not my decision."
Ping_Pong_Papi
Feb 20, 09:02 PM
🐒 this is loud. all of the above. No replay value. no way
420dreamcatcher
Feb 20, 06:22 PM
not for adults. rofl nice I watched it.
lemonade_wave
Feb 20, 05:22 PM
Up to you. ^ Quite challenging. this is bland
Recent Articles